PATRIZIA DI BENEDETTO
In 1991 Patrizia Di Benedetto began her adventure within the restaurant kitchen of the Bye Bye Blues. The result is surprising: the restaurant has become soon a benchmark for the most demanding palates in Palermo.
The restaurant quickly earns fame beyond the Strait of Messina, e it is highly appreciated both in Italy and abroad. Thus, Patrizia was able to create a new type of distinctly Mediterranean cuisine, where the flavours of delicious Sicilian ingredients are proposed in a more modern way.
Under Patrizia’s guidance the Bye Bye Blues has become the best restaurant in Palermo according to wine and food guide books, such as "L'Espresso" and "Gambero Rosso". Patrizia is the only Michelin star in Palermo, as well as the only female chef to have won this prestigious award in Sicily.
The following are some of the most significant moments
of her professional experience:
- 1997, internship at the restaurant Valentino in Los Angeles
- 1998, dinner of Sicilian cuisine at the restaurant Va pensiero in Chicago
- 2001, dinner at the restaurant Mazzei in New York
- 2001, management of the restaurant Bye Bye Blues at the summer home of the Teatro Massimo (Teatro della Verdura), where she established an elegant out-door restaurant which played a leading role in the cultural and social evenings in Palermo
- 2006, World Gourmet Festival at the Four season in Bangkok as the sole representative for Italy
- 2008, dinner for HRH Emanuele of Savoy in Palermo
- 2008-2011, catering services within institutional buildings in Palermo
- 2010-2013, United States of America: food evenings organised at several prestigious restaurants in New York, Baltimore, Boston, New Haven, Long Island
- 2011, charity dinner for Tibet, with the participation of the Dalai Lama’s sister
- 2012, Italian Cuisine World Summit (Hong Kong)
- 2013, Italian Cuisine World Summit (Dubai)
BYE BYE BLUES
Via del Garofalo, 23
Mobile: 335425702 / 3392110598
catering and banquet
at home services
for lunch and dinner
closed on Mondays
no beach wears
Children are welcome at our restaurant still we want to keep our place quiet. If you take your children with you, please respect other guests. Upon request, we can prepare a special menu for your children. We do not have highchairs.
We accept small dogs, as long as specified when booking.
Click on images to read reviews
from our main references...
A dinner at the restaurant Bye Bye Blues of Mondello is a unique taste experience! Now you can make a gift to your loved ones: a special gift that you can buy online on this website and to give to whoever you want... find out more »
BYE BYE BLUES MONDELLO
edited by Maria Paola Poponi
Publisher: Maretti Editore
Language: Italian, English
Format: 28x24 cm
Binding: paperback, hardback cover
Price: € 40.00
(also available at the restaurant)