(last update: April 13, 2018)
A MENU FOR TWO
From 01/11 to 23/12/2018 we offer you the tasting menu for two people with the simple addition of 20 euros.
At the Bye Bye Blues we offer a distinctly Mediterranean cuisine and the dishes on the menu are made by using local ingredients.
As far as possible, vegetables are bought from small-scale local growers, that is we adopt the zero-km concept in order to guarantee our clients the taste, freshness and seasonality of our products. Fish is also provided by local fisherman or those performing, anyway, in the Mediterranean Sea.
With regard to the cooking techniques, the restaurant has adapted over time, by using equipment appropriate to retain the characteristics of ingredients.
Patrizia Di Benedetto, the chef, was born in Palermo and grew up in a family where the women had always nurtured the love for cuisine and passion for Sicilian traditions. Over the years, she has carefully pursued her own education, attending courses and participating at several internships both in Italy and abroad.
Since 1991, with the opening of the Bye Bye Blues, she has become immediately a reference point for gourmets of Palermo and beyond. Nowadays, her professional career is based on excellence: as a holder of 1 Michelin star, she collaborates as a teacher with Gambero Rosso cooking schools in Palermo and Catania.
- Raw fish combination with green tea salt and honey lemon jam
- Grilled mullet sandwich with eggplant and ricotta in tomato emulsion
- Red prawns carpaccio, squid and vegetable salad and bottarga mayonnaise
- Poached egg, peas cream, asparagus black truffle
- Spicy beef terrine in jelly broth, anchovy foam and lettuce purèe
- Sauteed cuttlefish with Jerusalem artichoke cream and crispy potatoes
- Mosaic of legumes and organic vegetables
- Black cavatelli in sea food sauce and urchins foam
- Paccheri with cod fish sauce, roasted pepperoni, black sesame and toasted almonds
- Rabbit ravioli "alla Cacciatora", fava beans burrata and oil powder
- Our "pasta con le sarde" with Mancini pasta factory spaghetti
- Home made pasta with sea food, zucchini and green vegetables
- Carnaroli risotto with spring vegetables, goat cheese and chia seeds
- White fillet fish marinated in miso glaze and smoked eggplant
- Fish soup with shellfish and sea food
- Hot and cold hite white fish degustation
- Branzino and red prawns rolls with sea urchins sauce and basil oil
- Lamb in pistachos crust and stewed onions in Passito sauce
- Grille Beef sirloin tagliata with green sauce and fresh sprouts
- Crispy pork in black bread crust and fruit chutney
- Chocolate fantasy hot and cold chocolate dessert selection
- Almond and lemon cake with vanilla ice cream
- Rum babà, candied banana and caramel ice cream
- Paris Brest with chantilly cream strawberry and mint and ginger ice cream
- Crepe flambè, lemon curd, berries and white chocolate sorbet
- Nuts and black sugar Biscuit with coffee granita, ricotta cream and spicy ice cream
BYE BYE BLUES
Via del Garofalo, 23
Mobile: 335425702 / 3392110598
catering and banquet
at home services
for lunch and dinner
closed on Mondays
no beach wears
Children are welcome at our restaurant still we want to keep our place quiet. If you take your children with you, please respect other guests. Upon request, we can prepare a special menu for your children. We do not have highchairs.
We accept small dogs, as long as specified when booking.
Click on images to read reviews
from our main references...
A dinner at the restaurant Bye Bye Blues of Mondello is a unique taste experience! Now you can make a gift to your loved ones: a special gift that you can buy online on this website and to give to whoever you want... find out more »
BYE BYE BLUES MONDELLO
edited by Maria Paola Poponi
Publisher: Maretti Editore
Language: Italian, English
Format: 28x24 cm
Binding: paperback, hardback cover
Price: € 40.00
(also available at the restaurant)